Monday, November 4, 2013

Its easy to be a morning person in summer

I am a morning person, always have been. Its a bit tricky when I stay over with friend who like to sleep late, but I have learned to find the kettle and coffee/tea on my own, find their bookshelf and get myself something to read.

The morning is when I get stuff done. I train like a regular gym bunny, or write a few hundred words of my novel, and on the odd occasion that I take work home, that is when I do it. What would take me 2 hours in the evening takes 1 in the morning. I was an odd student... hahaha. My internal clock switches off at 10 pm and I fall asleep. I can stay up on special occasions, but not often. I have even come to terms with the fact that some times I go to sleep earlier than my brother's toddler when I visit there.

The great thing about summer, is that the day starts earlier. I am no longer the only soul awake in what looks like the dead of night, but instead I am the only soul awake in the glorious summer morning! It is beautiful to walk to the gym in the crisp early morning, to admire the mountain, or to just have a cup of tea on the balcony and look at the squrirrels playing.

There is life in abundance all around, and I am part of it! I love every moment, every opportunity to celebrate life!

No comments:

Post a Comment